Tuesday, September 04, 2007

09/04/07

Well, I am still here and surviving. :) My surgery went well and I don't remember a thing... he hee... In fact, the doctor told my Mom and Steve I should be out of post-op around 20-30 minutes after he talked with them about the procedure. That turned into an hour and 20 minutes because I was enjoying that sleep too much! The nurses and other staff were all very nice to me, though. I have been taking my pain medication and glad of it. The first couple of days were harder with the pain but it is getting easier. Now I am just dealing with being tired.

I was supposed to go back to work today but was advised to wait. My doctor wanted me to stay out all week but I know I can't do that. I'll be going back tomorrow and know it is going to be a long three days for me. I know the kids will do great, though. I have missed them so I am anxious to see them all again. I am still pretty tired and can get up and do things but find I get tired really quickly. I am not really used to that kind of sapping of my energy. lol

I haven't picked up my camera in a week... can you believe that? I may try to go outside for a bit this afternoon to get my stamina up and see what I can do. I really do need to get outside and "practice" for tomorrow!

I have had parents bring supper to us as well as my Mom. That has been a huge blessing. I just wanted to update on how I am. I'll post pictures later. I have been sitting at this computer for a while and I am actually tired, believe it or not!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Kellie, I will be praying you to have a smooth week back at school. I'm glad your surgery went well! ((( ))) Amy