Friday, August 03, 2007

08/03/07

Another Friday is here... my last "free" Friday before school begins. Ho hum... We cleaned today and the kids worked hard for me. I also went to school this afternoon to do a few things and they helped me there. I really appreciated them doing that. Of course, they didn't have a choice but they didn't give me "tudes" either. :)

I couldn't resist the picture for today since I am talking about my kiddos a lot. lol This picture just HAS to make you laugh. I took it at the park the other day and let them goof around a minute. Wesley's facial expressions kill me sometimes. Mikayla is too "shy" sometimes to give me goofy on camera. lol She just likes to be all sweet.

Wesley has always been fascinated with creatures since he was old enough to know about them. I have really enjoyed watching him watch the critters! Yesterday he called me out in the garage to see a dragonfly that really was beautiful... it was a neon green and black on its abdomen. He hunched over it and was talking to me about how pretty the details of this dragonfly were. I am continually amazed by what that child notices. Bless his heart, though, sometimes he doesn't even see what is right in front of him because of it. That is also a bit of being a "boy." He found a frog the other day... one I had never seen before. We found out today it was a digging frog by the way it looked. He kept it overnight... not a good idea for a frog. The next morning he was quite stiff from being dead. lol Wesley couldn't understand how he "froze" in the night. LOL Poor frog. You can't say the frog wasn't loved, though!!

He lost his third tooth a few minutes ago. I just cannot pull teeth... Steve is working late again so I am having to cheer on my son to pull his own tooth. lol He did it, though and was cracking me up crossing his eyes and trying to open his mouth bigger so he could see his missing tooth area!

Mikayla, on the other hand, is not as detail oriented but, boy, can that girl get something done. LOL She was helping me with the books at school today and that girl was on the money! She was even telling Wesley he wasn't giving all he could have... he was distracted by the pictures on some of the books... go figure. lol I just watched her and was totally amazed that at her age she could "run" the show of what I needed her to do. My children are amazing to watch and they can crack me up and drive me crazy all at the same time. I guess that is normal. lol

My gallbladder results came back that my gallbladder is working "normally"... just 5 % above failing. Doesn't sound like it is working all that normally to me! I am going to a surgeon to get a second opinion. My doctor seems to think I am having anxiety... uh, no. Stress will be starting back soon, yes, but anxiety... no. I have experienced that before and I know what it is like. You don't have anxiety attacks when you eat mayonnaise or eat cheese. lol My doctor wants me to start yet another medication for the stomach... I just don't want to be a walking medicine shelf for that area of my body. I already take enough stuff. lol We'll see what the surgeon says next week. Of course, he may tell me I am losing it, too. he heee

We are leaving bright and early in the morning to ride the train to Charlotte (about 3 hours away) to see The Lion King. We are all quite excited. I am very excited for the kids to be able to see this play. It is awesome and if you have never seen it I highly recommend it!! We will come back late Sunday night. This is the last part of our birthday vacation my brother planned this year. :) It will be fun to ride the train with the kids. I will definitely take my camera!

Steve is working late again and I guess I need to get in there and see what the kids will want for supper. We ate a big lunch with him today (thank goodness so the kids could see him a little bit today) so I am not terribly hungry... I will probably just fix the kids something and eat an apple. lol

Have a super weekend! I'll post about the play and all when I return!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Kellie, that photo is hilarious! I can't wait to read about The Lion King. We saw a shortened version at WDW. Amy