Monday, August 06, 2007

08/06/07

The trip to Charlotte was great! We got back late last night but it was a really nice weekend.

We left early Saturday morning to get on the train. It was a neat experience and the train ride overall was nice. It was supposed to take us 3 hours to get to Charlotte but because of several delays it took us over 4! That would not have been too bad if our train car had not been so COLD!! The one we rode in on the way back was much better. I was about to freeze and had to keep cuddling with Wesley to warm me up. lol

When we got to Charlotte we took a taxi into the city to our hotel. We stayed within walking distance of everything and it was so nice. I had a great time trying to photograph city things. I wanted to do more but there wasn't enough time or ability to do that. I managed a few and these are some I have posted today.

We saw The Lion King on Saturday afternoon and it was as awesome the second time as it was the first time. The kids and Mom and Daddy really loved it, too. It made me tear up again... something about that play does that. I noticed Mom wiped a few tears away as well. Makes me wonder if it is a "woman" thing. lol

After we saw the play we officially checked into our hotel and then went to eat at a local restaurant. This restaurant was FABULOUS. It is called Ratcliffe on the Green. I had shrimp and grits again but I tasted some of Steve's pork chop and it was beyond words it was so good! My shrimp and grits were awesome as well. We even got to meet the head chef/owner. It was just one of those places where you get awesome service and feel appreciated for being in their place.

Once we walked around a local park next to the restaurant and it was beautiful. Charlotte really is a clean city. I was surprised actually but it was a nice experience walking around that evening. The skyscrapers are quite amazing... nothing like that in Raleigh. Of course, I am NOT putting down Raleigh because I love our city the way it is. It was just a different way about it. Reminded me more of a very mini New York City the way the skyscrapers were.

Sunday we walked around a while again and then went to The Discovery Place. It was like our Museum of Life and Science and was a great place to interact with the machines and learning about the body. We had a lot of fun. Here is a picture of me using the pulley system. That was comical. We then had to go back to the train station to catch the train back home. I'm really glad we were able to go. :)

I had to do a few things at school today. I told myself I wasn't going until I HAD to go but I just keep thinking of things I need to do. ... such is life, huh? I feel better about having some of those things out of the way, though.

Well, off to read to the kids. Yes, Steve is working late again tonight. :(

1 comment:

Amy said...

Kellie, I love your skyscraper photos, especially the second one with the old buildings in the foreground, what neat contrast. And I must say, you're looking fabulous! How many pounds are you down? Great job on sticking to your goal. Amy