Friday, February 02, 2007

2/2/07

February....I cannot believe how fast January went by. Life is just too fast sometimes.

Yes, I have failed to keep up regularly with my blog since school started back. Oh well...what can I say?

Yesterday it snowed here again. We missed school again....over a little bit of snow. Now, it was great to actually go out and play in some actual snow but if I hadn't of taken the kids out at 9:15 we would never have done it! By the time we played outside for 30 minutes or so it began to sleet and rain. So much for having that winter white for a whole day. I did manage to take a few more photos. I shared some of the kids today as well as one of the Johnson grass with snow on it. I will share more photos later. Notice the Walmart bags on my children's feet... you have to love that!! We used to do Wonder Bread bags on our feet when I was growing up. Oh, the memories....

We had as good of a time as we could with less than an inch of snow. You know you're in the south when..... your school is cancelled for the day because of the "threat" of snow and the roads stayed clear all day long. We now have another day to make up. ha!! I am surprised there was any milk and bread left in the grocery stores. I must say, though, I could settle for a few days of being snowed in. That would be quite neat again. I don't think we've had that in a few years. It definitely snowed more here when I was little. I must It was so sweet watching Wesley and Mikayla looking at the snow coming down and being excited because they didn't have school. I remember those feelings very well. While the snow was falling I couldn't help but think of how still and quiet everything gets when it snows. That is a quiet like no other. I enjoyed the moment while I was out taking photographs.

Speaking of photographs, I have agreed to put my name in our auction at school to do a photography session. I am quite nervous about it all... as you know I still feel I have so much more to learn. However, the photo shoot from last weekend, where I took the pictures of my friend's daughter, turned out great. Out of 230 pictures I took we liked around 240 of them!! I was very pleased. It was neat to be able to capture some of the looks of the child that the mother said she has never gotten in a photograph before. It made me happy to see how happy she was when she looked at the photos. I have no idea where this will lead but I will allow the Lord to make the moves. I don't want to act like something I am not... know what I am meaning?

Wesley is spending the night with his cousins tonight and was so excited. I pray he remembers all we taught him to do when he goes to someone else's house. I hope he is having a good time. It has been weird just having Mikayla tonight. It has actually been calmer. ha!!

No fireplace tonight... Steve didn't have time to get wood in before we took Mikayla out for her "night on the town" (aka... Walmart and Mexican food!). I am missing it but know I'll have it tomorrow. I just can't believe how much I love that woodstove. I am so thankful for it each day. We said this past week we wished we had got it 10 years ago when we built the house! ha!!!

The diet still continues. I blew it today, though, with Mexican food. lol I haven't had it since I started this thing and I couldn't believe how stinking good those chips and salsa tasted to me tonight. I really tried to behave and not get the most cheesy thing on the menu so at least that is a plus. I just left there feeling mighty heavy and that isn't a good thing when you are trying to teach your body otherwise. lol I have lost 3.4 pounds. It surely doesn't seem like a lot but when all I have changed is what I am eating I would say that says a lot. I know I need to exercise but I don't even have the energy to think about it when I get home. ha! Maybe I'll fit that in *somewhere*....

We did manage to clean the house yesterday. That made me feel better. I also got some things taken care of for the kids that were coming up in their class. I was glad to mark another thing off my list. Some days I feel quite overwhelmed with all I have to do, but God is good and always makes a way for me to get it done.

I have papers to grade but do you think I am going to do it tonight? Don't think so. :) I'll get to them this weekend, of course, but not tonight. I am really hoping to get some scrapping done this weekend. I am now up to November of last year but I also have Wesley and Mikayla's school books to get caught up. I have a lot to do before their birthday party in April!! I just have to keep thinking "Little by little...."

Well, I am going to go spend time with Steve and Mikayla Girl. I will probably fall asleep on the couch the way I am feeling. ha!! Have a good one and enjoy the snow pictures!

No comments: