Sunday, February 04, 2007

2/4/07

It is Super Bowl Sunday. We are watching the game right now and I think I am worrying Steve to death with all of my questions. hee hee There are some weird named men on that field. I have been analyzing that and the weight of some of those guys. WOW....glad I am not on a football team. I have a hard enough time with what I am trying to lose. ha!!!

Anyway, it was amazing to me how Steve couldn't remember who won last year's Super Bowl. It made me think of how many sporting events have been through the years and no one remembers the outcome. Even in other events in life it is like that. It just made me realize that the events in my life are the most important and should be cherished. The trophies of this world will fade one day but my family and those I love are what is precious. Even more precious is God's Word to us and that will never fade. I am thankful I have a fadeless home waiting for me in Glory where I can spend eternity with Who is most important.

I played around with some pictures today. I am still trying to work on something called "catchlights" in the eyes of those I am photographing. It is where you can see spots of lights in the eyes to liven them up. Dark eyes show no life. This is another reason I still feel I have so much to learn because I just am not getting these like I had thought. Let's just say that taking photographs is not as easy as you think. ha! You are constantly looking around you, surveying the scene, as well as the person and how they are looking before you even think of doing what needs to be done to your camera to get the "perfect" shot. I am trying to really work on my manual focusing to get better with that. I like manual focus over automatic when I am doing certain things because automatic focus gets lost in the picture sometimes and doesn't know where it wants to focus. I am also trying to train my eyes to be better at the focusing. That can be tough for someone like me with horrible eyesight. ha!!! Anyway, the pictures from today are some I took of my sweeties. They were so gracious to allow their mother more photo ops. :) Wesley showed me some sillies as well as serious. Mikayla was just sweet all the way.

Mikayla read out of a difficult book for her tonight and did an awesome job. She is at the top of her class in reading now. Wesley is doing great, too, but reading isn't quite *there* yet for him. I believe it is because he is a boy and not as verbal. He read great tonight, too, though. He read easily through a book that has caused him some difficulty even a month ago. I can see a lot of growth in both.

I am now addicted (in a sense) to Triscuits with Pepper Jack cheese. I cannot have a ton of cheese, mind you, but those Triscuits are something great! We tried a new one tonight...it has cracked peppercorn and olive oil. Super....just wonderful. I am digging my healthy snacks, can you tell? ha!! Oh, and crunchy peanut butter with an apple is quite wonderful. That extra crunch adds an extra surprise in there. hee hee

I guess I should go back in there and enjoy watching the Super Bowl with my sweetie. I actually am not minding watching it and I am sure I will ask more questions. :) Maybe I'll go read one of my photography books my brother gave me for Christmas.

OH...and don't be surprised if you don't see a post in the next few days. Tomorrow is going to be busy from the time I get up till I go to bed and the week proves to be that way, too. I'll try to do one in the middle of the week this time and not wait until Friday. Aren't you proud, though.... THREE days in a row this weekend. :)

No comments: