Friday, February 09, 2007

2/09/07

My photo from today was taken during our first ice/snow encounter. It is of a pansy in our flower barrel out back. I enjoy some snow but let's just say I don't want to be like upper state New York and have 8 feet of it!! Bless those people's hearts. I would be going nuts. ha!!

Today was a better day, I must say. I still had thoughts of the fire and all, but nothing like yesterday. I am thankful for the peace that God pours over us in times like these. Only He could provide that kind of peace. I slept very well last night.

The Insurance Adjuster came out today and they are going to get things rolling pretty soon. I think our den and kitchen will get a full cleaning... carpets, walls, draperies, furniture. I am thankful for that. The whole underside of the house is going to have to have new insulation because of the smoke. They will also clean out all of the duct work.

On a funner note, we celebrated Mom's birthday tonight. Her actual birthday was this past Wednesday. We went out to eat at one of our favorite restaurants and then went back to their house for her to open her gifts. We gave her a pair of Birkenstocks!! :) Daddy called them "Burpensocks".... he cracks us up with his sayings. She really seemed to like them and I am glad. I now know what she is getting for Mother's Day! ha!!! Kevin gave us all another trip this year for our birthdays!! We are going to Savannah, Georgia in June. We are also going on a short trip to Charlotte in July to see The Lion King and we will ride the train to get there. I am excited about it all. I am looking forward to some new photo ops. :)

One of my friends told me about a website she uses for her photography prints. She kept talking about how awesome they were and so I decided to try them out. WOW...I just got the first five test prints today and I love them. I won't do the website right now for everyday prints, but for my special prints and for any I take in my photo sessions with other people, I will use them. I am just amazed. I can't wait to go take some more photos and send some more to them!! I am still working on catchlights in the eyes and the right lighting.

Tomorrow I am planning on scrapbooking. I am going to work hard to get through Christmas pictures. We'll see how far I can get.

It is late so I will close for now. The kids are spending the night with Mom and Daddy. Mikayla called Mom this afternoon and said "I know you are probably going to get some presents tonight, but Wesley and I would like to spend the night with you and Pappa and that will be your present from us!" It was so sweet. Mom ate that up and immediately said yes. I am glad they could do that. :)

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: