Saturday, February 03, 2007

2/3/07

The picture from today was actually taken when we had that icy snow the other week. I didn't get any icicles this past week. They are something that really amaze me. I love to look at them.

We got our taxes done today! Glad to get THAT off my back. :)

I got to scrap today and I got finished through Thanksgiving. Now I'll be working on a zillion Christmas pages. lol At least I am that far, though. I just have to work on journaling all of those pages, though....eek.

Steve took Mikayla with him this morning when he went to pick up Wesley from his cousin's house. They were gone about 3 hours so I had some down time. I enjoyed listening to my Il Divo and The Ten Tenors CD's and scrapped a lot of the time. I also began looking for telephoto lenses. I have no idea what I need, though. It can all be confusing sometimes. I need to figure out what would be best and then go from there. I will have to save up for one. I want something that will allow me to get closer to my subjects without being close myself. (I am thinking mainly of things in nature...) I love to get close ups best of all. I find that landscape pictures seem "boring" to me sometimes. Maybe I am just not taking them correctly. lol I was reading another blog tonight of a photographer and, boy, do I have a lot to learn!!

I watched a squirrel hanging upside down eating seeds from one of our feeders today. It cracked me up. Unfortunately, when I went to grab my camera and raise the blind slowly it was spooked away. Amazing that my slowly raising the blind caused it to jump down immediately when earlier this morning Steve banged on the window a few times before it finally got down. lol I wanted to get a picture of him! I know they are annoying to most people but I really do find them fun to watch. I just love their faces when they nibble. The way that one was hanging on upside down was too funny.

The kids are watching a movie tonight before they go to bed. I believe an apple and peanut butter are calling my name. (not TOO much peanut butter, though.. hee hee) It is amazing what you feel is such a treat when you can't have what you used to eat! lol I am definitely learning to appreciate foods that are better for me. I am glad about that at least.

Off for that apple and peanut butter. Enjoy the evening!

No comments: