Monday, January 21, 2013

01/21/13


Coffee.


Why do I need to talk about this today?

I have drank it for years.

However, beforehand, I never really NEEDED coffee.

It was more of a "I am finally a grown up so let's try this" kind of a thing.

I never drank caffeinated coffee if I could help it because it would give me the shakes and I would be up all night even if I had just drank a small cup at breakfast.  Decaf was the flavor of the day, always, for me!

I used to laugh at the people who said they just couldn't get going until they had their coffee or caffeine.  I used to think "That will never be me!"

(Why I have continued to used the word 'never' in my vocabulary is beyond me.)

In the last few weeks I have begun to see caffeinated coffee in a new light.

It seems in my 40's my body is telling me other things.  Or maybe it is a combination of things....

  • My body seems realllly slow to wake up in the morning.  
  • I have found myself falling asleep on the way to work (not good, mind you) after having a full night's sleep.
  • I have also found myself wanting so badly to knock everything off of my desk and crawl up there for a nap.  The kids can teach themselves, right?

In order to fully wake up... to embrace the day... the show the energy that I used to show without it....

I have now become a CAFFEINE COFFEE DRINKER in the morning.  

In fact, I get giddy about it each night as I am preparing my little percolator to be ready for the next morning's percolating good time!

I now have coffee breath.... something that for years I prided myself that I did NOT have.
(Pride goeth before a fall.....)


I now get my body engine revved up and ready to go.

With what caffeine does to me I am certain that my students are not quite sure what has come over me as of late. 

For those of you out there wondering "What took you so long???"....

Well, I have always been a slow learner. 

No comments: