Wednesday, August 22, 2012

08/22/12


Missed me?

I can't believe it has been a week or so since I posted!!

Sorry about that....  I seem to be losing my "edge" in the blogging world.

Why in the world would that happen you might ask?

MIDDLE SCHOOL.

Between getting two children organized and adjusted to Middle School, getting to know my own class and helping them out, helping parents to know what to do, learning AS a parent what to do with my own middle-schoolers, Cross Country practice 4 days a week, piano lessons,  and just being downright tired.... Well, you get the point.

My writer's block from the summer seems to be continuing.  I sit down to try and write and nothing flows.  I truly have prayed about that.  I am just taking this season as a time where the Lord wants me being still before Him and learning instead of sharing.

I really do hope to get back to my sharing like I normally do.

Here is what I have learned the first week of School/Middle School:

My house has turned back into a disaster.  That didn't take long.

There are papers everywhere..... E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E.

I have successfully kept up my exercising, but some days I have felt like all I could do is crawl in the door.

I am having a blast teaching.  Those changes I have made this year are working out overall and I am loving them.

I forgot how hot recess could be and how much I could sweat in nice clothing.

I also forgot how much I have to remember to tell the students.  They are NEW.  They don't know my routine quite yet.  I have laughed to myself at the quizzical looks I have gotten when I said to do something and realized they had no clue what I was meaning!  OOppps.... back up, Mrs. Fowler....

Wesley is doing well overall in sixth grade.  However, there are some organizational tips we are having to design and learn.  

Mikayla is LOVING sixth grade and enjoying her little freedoms.  

Mikayla loves writing and loves drama.  She has even asked her English/Writing teacher to read her blog (which cracks me up that she did that).

Wesley is LOVING art.  He is really enjoying what he is learning.

They both are cracking me up with the things they are saying.

Wesley is learning that ice baths after Cross Country practice are a necessity.  He is finding muscles he didn't realize he had.

We had to get a new laptop because our other one died - Mikayla is thrilled because the other one got on her nerves.  She is such the pro with it.

They already had their first project due today - a cereal box decorated to show all about them.  They really enjoyed putting that together.

I haven't been home before 5:00 except for one school day so far.  Welcome to my new life.  :)

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN, MY FRIENDS?  (that is, if you are still around reading....)

3 comments:

wendy said...

Oh, there's nothing like the first full week of school! Glad you are enjoying your class. Change can be hard, but it's good. I was thinking about Wesley with my whole "tree frog in my kitchen sink" ordeal (you'll have to read my last post). If only he would've been around. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

My goodness, sounds like you all are really having fun , the kind that is very tireing. I bet everyone is glad to see Friday c
ome around ! HANG IN THERE .
lOVE lOVE

SandyM said...

BIG changes all at once! But what (tiring) fun!