Saturday, September 29, 2007

09/29/07

Well, yes, I am still here... I couldn't believe it when I saw that it has been 2 weeks since I wrote last!!

I am finally beginning to feel like myself again since the surgery. It took me three weeks not to feel like I needed to collapse and sleep forever when I would get home from school. I have had more energy to do things and that is more like myself. I felt like I had a weight in my pants dragging me down!!

Other than the normal school stuff we have been doing our normal routine of life. Go to school, get home, do homework, eat something, get the kids ready for bed, read, put them to bed, grade papers, go to sleep all to get up and do the same thing again. ha!! :)

Last Saturday Steve took Wesley with him to help his brother move. Mikayla and I were on our own. I went to a soccer game which had a couple of my students playing in it. We had to be there at 8:30 in the morning so on a Saturday that was interesting. lol I am glad I went, though... I think it tickled my students. After we left there I decided to go photographing. We went to the NC State Arboretum and I had a BLAST with the flowers and other plants there. I'll be showing some pictures from there in the future posts. While there, though, I managed to step into a lovely MUD puddle with one foot and almost run into 2 spider webs. Mikayla and I got to watch a Writing Spider wrap up a fly and I couldn't believe how fast it did it!! We enjoyed many beautiful things... even found out we were "in the middle" of the end of a wedding! It was hot, though, and by the time noon rolled around we were both ready to go. I took her to McDonald's... her choice... and then we came home and I worked on the pictures and stuff while she played. We had a nice day together.

Today was BEAUTIFUL. The temp was in the 70's... I felt like I needed a parka... and the wind was breezy and there were no clouds in the sky at all!! Steve decided to try to fly a kite again today because it was windy. We have had NO luck in the years since they were old enough to know about kites. Today was successful! It was so neat watching the kite fly. The pictures for today are from that.

I also scrapbooked today. I got the kids school books caught up through their second Kindergarten year and I am at the end of summer in our book. No journaling has been done on any of my scrapbook pages for this whole year, though!! I have lots to write! It was nice getting that done and listening to Il Divo and some Dino. :)

The kids stayed outside ALL day long. It was great seeing them outside playing. From what we understand they were playing pirates. :) I went outside a couple of times and either took photos or even tried to play basketball with them. (That was a joke..) Steve worked on cutting the grass. This evening Steve grilled out burgers and we ate outside on the deck. It was a great evening for doing so. Steve played football with the kids and that was comical. All in all, today was a "perfect" day for spending time at home and not feeling like you had to go anywhere.

Tonight I have to grade lots of papers so I guess I need to close. I'll try to get on here and post again this week!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Fun photos for today, looked like a fun outing flying kites. Your photos are looking so nice. Do you notice a big difference with your fixed camera? Amy