Monday, March 04, 2013

03/04/13

I have seen a project done by a friend of mine that I loved.

It is a sign she made out of scrap wood from when they were building their home.  (Please go see it here.) 

My friend is amazing with decorating on a budget and just knowing how to do so many neat things.  

I have wanted to do this project for some time.... I even made space for it on my mantle!

However, as it always seems to do, life has gotten in the way.

I knew the only time I would be able to do it was summer and I already have a list of things to do then.

A few weeks ago I got the idea to use a coupon I had gotten for a canvas.  (I loved the fact that I got over $100 off of it!)

I figured I could use my own talent of my photography and my love for designing to make my mantlepiece.

I asked the Lord to show me the verse I should put on the canvas knowing I would be looking at it A LOT.  I also wanted it to be a witness to others coming into our home.  

I began searching the Scriptures asking the Lord to show me what I needed to use.  I turned to many familiar passages that brought me joy.  

I had underlined them in my Bible.

I had written meanings in the white spaces.

They just weren't what the Lord wanted me to use.

He then turned me to Romans 11:36 - the verse He gave me after He gave us Glory.

I knew that was it!

I began to search through all of my pictures to find one that would go with our living space as well as one I could have enough room to write the verse.

I then visited dafont.com (I LOVE THAT WEBSITE) and picked out a few neat fonts that would allow my creativity to flow.

After it was done I showed it to Wesley and Mikayla and they loved it. 

We couldn't wait for it to get here... but we had to wait a couple of weeks....

Last week, it came...... what do you think?


I was so excited with it!  I love looking at my mantle seeing something I was able to create in my own way and having a verse that has meant so much to our family.


I keep remembering the words I wanted to use this year and they are "magnify the Lord."  

I pray people see this clearly when they enter our home. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...


Kellie You really did a good job,I love it ! It looks beautiful !!

benbidder said...

Oh this turned out so well! I love it! :)

Gretchen said...

LOVE, love, love it! Love the verse you chose too!
What a beautiful way to display your gift of photography... better than just wood!
P.S. I love DaFont too!