Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Rain!


Wow...I cannot believe how much rain we got today. I was so thankful for it, though, and praising the Lord. We have so needed it. I must say that driving in it was a bit nerve-wracking and especially when it got dark. I had taken the kids to Kindermusik and on the way home I told them both to be really quiet so I could concentrate on the road and traffic. Thankfully, we got home safely.

I was so proud of Wesley and Mikayla today with their homework. They began a new book where it is all words. I was amazed at how they did! Wesley did really well considering he was in the van outside of Kindermusik. Usually that is very hard for him because there is so much to distract him but he buckled down and did a great job. Mikayla girl is just doing a great job at reading those words. It blows me away at how they are learning. Wesley was so excited he even wanted to do an extra page. (THAT is an accomplishment right there!)

Speaking of being proud...I am pretty proud of my sweet husband right now. He has the Bible story for Awana tomorrow night and he is taking it seriously. He has been working on his little message for an hour now. I am amazed at how he connects little spiritual truths to help these little ones understand God's Word. I appreciate how much work he puts into his lessons. I know it is not easy for him to get up in front of the kids and teach them. He has surprised me in a good way a lot since he began working with my group in Awana. He was also super awesome tonight because he had our leftover supper on the table when we got home as well as cleaned up the kitchen. I was in a bit of a zone so I was no help at all!! :o)

Well, since I just fell asleep in the chair for a short time a few minutes ago I guess I need to close this and get on to bed. Enjoy the holly and berries in the picture. They make me think of Christmas.

No comments: