Saturday, June 15, 2013

06/15/13


Where, oh where have I been?
I've not been looking at birds..... although, these pics are quite nice. 

I have been getting out of school.

I have been celebrating 20 years with Sweet Man.

I have been having a trip to celebrate those 20 years with Sweet Man.  (More on that soon...)


Here we are 20 years ago on our wedding day, May 29, 1993.

Boy, were we young.


Here we are today.... much has changed.





I say much has changed, because it has...

I don't weigh 115 pounds anymore.  OY.

Steve doesn't have brown hair anymore.  (I don't really, either, but that is our little secret.)

There are many other things that have changed, too....

On our anniversary we went out to eat.  As we ate we discussed ways we had changed over the past 20 years of marriage.

We both decided we are not the same two people who got married on that day in May, 1993.  

The thing that matters most is that in that changing we changed TOGETHER and not separately in the fact that we drifted apart. 

I wrote this poem a year before we got married and gave it to Sweet Man.  It hangs in our room to this day.  Little did I realize when I wrote it in 1992 how true it would be to our marriage.  This sums up our last 20 years... and I am confident it will be a continuation in the coming years. 

Precious Gift

Love is a precious gift from God
That cannot be bought or sold.
Love is something that stands strong
Even when storms of life beat on.
Love takes pain and grows with it;
Does not quit when time seems long.
Love is there when hurt is felt,
And stands by to heal the pain.
Love shares laughter, as well as tears;
And loving arms to hold you still.
Love is patient and very kind
Although it may be tried.
Love makes each day a bit brighter;
And grows stronger as they pass on.
Love is sometimes hard to express,
But is felt strong in the heart.
Love can last the test of time ~
For love is you.

No comments: