Tuesday, December 18, 2012

12/18/12

Tis the Christmas season.

Let me just ramble for a minute... or two.  I haven't done that in a while.


I feel ahead, yet behind.  I am not feeling as stressed this year for some reason, however, my house still looks like there was a tornado that came through or something.

Ask me if I have wrapped any presents yet.  No, really.  Ask me.



Since you asked.... the answer is.....

NO.

Sweet Man has wrapped up a few but I have been lost under piles of laundry and plan on doing some soon.  I better....

I have been enjoying my Christmas tree.  I do love the lights.  If I could photograph them constantly I believe I would.

We did our second grade Christmas play last week.  In fact, I can't believe it has already been a week since the kids performed.  It was the easiest time we have ever had getting the kids to know what to do.  This group of kids all learned their parts quickly and listened to our directions more.  My fellow teachers and I talked often about how much we actually were enjoying the practices and not over-stressed.  lol  (We have had awesome kids in the past, too, please don't get me wrong if you are reading this and I taught your child before... this is just the first time the entire cast of children cooperated to the fullest extent!)

School gets out tomorrow for Christmas break and I am ready....we all are just ready for a break.

Wesley and Mikayla asked me last night what I wanted for Christmas.  I told them I didn't know.  I was thankful for what I had and happy with just them.  I realized then that I have become my parents.  lol  They can be quite difficult to buy for because they always say... "As long as I have my family..., etc."
Well, it is true.  I am just thankful for a home, food, clothing, etc. .... I am blessed beyond measure and am appreciative for all.

I did have to laugh today when one of my students was telling me about how he and his Mom had to unwrap my present he is giving me to repaint it.  He began to describe what it looked like and then explained again that he would bring it tomorrow once it was wrapped.  I'll just be surprised as to what it ACTUALLY is since he just described painting and colors.  :)

This has nothing to do with Christmas but it made me laugh yesterday....

One of my students who has to get out what he is thinking as soon as he thinks it had his hand raised yesterday.  Once I finished what I was saying, I called on him, but it slipped his mind.  After a minute of trying to remember what he was thinking he said to me, "It's OK, you just keep talking and I'll let you know when I have it again.".....

Why, thanks for that permission, little guy.  :)

On that, I'll end this rambling. 

2 comments:

Sandy said...

How cute! From the little guy....

Gretchen said...

I love how you love your students, even their cute little quirks. ;)