Saturday, May 05, 2007

05/05/07

I am back. The last couple of weeks have flown by with busy stuff for school and I had forgotten to get on here. Today's photos are of some gerber daisies I photographed at the strawberry patch the other day. The kids had a field trip out there and it was great. It had rained some the night before and all of them had beautiful rain drops on the petals. I would have taken more but didn't have the time! :) ENJOY!!!

Well, we had Wesley and Mikayla's "big" birthday party two weeks ago. It went great and the weather could not have been more beautiful. I think we are still trying to get over it. ha!! They had a blast with their friends and I enjoyed having everyone here that could come.

School is coming to a close and things are spiraling downward into more than busy times. There is so much to do between now and then. I am not looking forward to parting with this class of mine. They have been precious.

Yesterday I took off the whole day to go to the strawberry patch, but I stopped in for a few minutes to get some papers to grade and what not. I went to my "mailbox" and found a note from a former student who is in the tenth grade. He wrote me the sweetest note about how much he appreciated me and all I did to keep him straight. He said I have always been his favorite teacher even now as he is in highschool. It touched my heart deeply. I am going to keep that always. He will never realize what that means to me. This has been Teacher Appreciation week. The kids have showered me with precious things and the cards are the things I cherish the most. A handwritten note from a child or parent can do more for your soul than anything. I am truly blessed to do what I do and I know the Lord gives me the strength I need each day to get it done.

Wesley and Mikayla had their first sleepover at our house last night. A couple of their friends from school got to stay and it was great. I was quite tired when they finally went to bed, but I was also trying to clean the house while they were in the midst of "destroying" it. lol They were all really sweet, though. I am thankful Wesley and Mikayla can have such wonderful times with their friends.

Today I was able to visit with some of our friends. I hadn't planned on staying long because I just "popped in" but it had been SO long since we had gotten to visit. I had plenty to do at home (a load of 2 week old laundry for one..lol) but I felt that sitting down with my friends was so much more important. I find sometimes we get so busy in life we truly do not stop to smell the flowers. It was so wonderful to sit and talk about life and the things of the Lord. We both were discussing how God uses things in our lives and continues to mold us into who He wants us to be. God is so patient and I am so thankful He loves me. I am so thankful for my friends that no matter how long we go without being able to talk we are able to pick right up where we left off. That is the joy of a true friendship.

Speaking of how the Lord works, today I was balancing the checkbook again. Last night, I had tried to balance it and between four children and being tired it wasn't "clicking." Well, this morning I was dreading trying to work on it again because of how many times I tried last night. I just prayed over the checkbook before I started and asked the Lord to show me what I was missing. Do you know that IMMEDIATELY I removed something from part of the checkbook and found my mistake!?? God is so good that He takes care of us even in the small things. I know it wasn't a world crisis but He cared enough to answer my small prayer. He continues to show me to lean on Him and not try to do it all by myself. When I try to do it all by myself I get all worked up and nothing is right. The minute I give it to Him, He takes care of the situation. :)

Well, I guess those clothes aren't going to fold themselves so I need to get busy. Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Kellie, Your daisies are gorgeous! Did you get any strawberries? Amy :)