Tuesday, April 17, 2007

04/17/07

The past day or so with everything that happened at Virginia Tech causes one to think. I am saddened by what continues to go on in the world around me, yet I know it is all because of sin. I thank the Lord that He IS in control and I am safe within His arms. He will never leave me nor forsake me.

I have thought about and prayed for the students and faculty left to deal with the horror of yesterday. I can only imagine what they are feeling. I prayed this morning that God would cause good to come out of this and people would be brought to Christ. Thoughts of what happened yesterday could lead someone to want to shut the doors and never go outside. However, God doesn't want us to live our lives in fear. He said that to His disciples after He rose from the grave and visited them as they were in hiding... scared for their lives. One of His first words to them was"Peace".. These are times when faith continues to be put into action. The verse I am teaching my students this week is II Timothy 1:7 - For God hath not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

On another note, we found out this past weekend that our Youth Pastor, Mike, has had his brain tumor double from what it was in the last MRI at the beginning of March. This was a surprise tothe family (as well as all of us!) as the doctors had said he should make a complete recovery. I have often wondered if we got too comfortable with that diagnosis then and slacked off in praying? I don't know, but I know God knows and, again, IS in control. The doctors are going to start him on a different type of medication that was just released this past February. Apparently, it cuts off the blood supply to the tumor. Throughout all of this we knew Mike was in God's hands and he still is. God doesn't want us to give up just because of this new news. I keep remembering "BUT GOD"... the statement Mike repeated over and over the last time he preached right before they found out he had the tumor. He told me last week that he loves red roses so I am posting the photo of the red roses I photographed in Hershey Gardens last summer. Keep praying for Mike, Lora and his parents... and little Gracie. My hearts desire is for her to be able to grow up knowing her Daddy.

It has been a good week back from Spring Break so far. I know I can make it to the end with the break I had. :)

Hold on tight to those you love and thank the Lord for what He has blessed you with. Always remember that we are nothing without Him. Off to grade papers and work on journaling in scrapbooks for the kids birthday party this weekend....

No comments: