Monday, November 26, 2012

11/26/12

You may wonder why I have a picture of eggs today.

I did not photograph them.  But I do want to talk about them.

This is not a deep, thought-provoking post today.

It is all about my lack of ability to crack an egg.

I am a heavy-handed individual.  Most of you that know me in real life realize that if I "lovingly" punch you, it actually hurts.  I do not mean to do so, but I inherited that trait from my father.  Wes has inherited it from me.  No matter what we do, it is with gusto... and that also includes cracking eggs.

My brother, Kevin, has ridiculed me in this department for years now.  He just shakes his head at my endeavors in the cracking of eggs.

In the last couple of months, Mikayla and I began to eat eggs for breakfast instead of just cereal.  I was finding I was not completely satisfied and at school I was getting the munchies.  I have wanted to watch what I eat carefully so I was reading up on some things and found that eating more protein in the morning would help with that.  Eggs are a great source of protein so that is where my egg cracking good times come in.

I have my routine all set as to how I get breakfast ready along with the rest of the stuff I have to do before going out the door to school in the mornings.

When I crack an egg, two things will happen.  

1.  I may not hit it hard enough for fear of great destruction of the egg from my heavy-handed self. This leads to more soft hitting until finally it looks as if I am afraid of hurting the egg and fearful that I may never get out the insides.

2.  I hit it too hard resulting in a crashing together of shell/insides in the pan or bowl, which is not pretty or healthy as you chew the final product.

SO, what is a girl to do?

Think of her brother every morning hoping that one day a glimmer of hope will shine forth that I have arrived at the destination of officially knowing how to crack an egg.

That hasn't happened yet.  I have seen a few shining moments, but they were crushed immediately after when trying to crack the next egg.

And if you think I am going to try cracking them with just one hand, you are sadly mistaken.  I am not seeing that in my future.

At least I am able to cook them better than cracking them.

Well, at least I THOUGHT I did.

One morning my precious Wesley responds:  "Mimi's eggs never have this hard edge when she cooks them for me."

Thanks, Wes.  No, really.... thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about boiled eggs? When water boils, turn heat off, cover, set timer for 12 mins...perfectly cooked every time. And the beauty is...no cracking necessary! :-)

jane from the jungle