Saturday, February 25, 2006

Tents, scrapbooking and all that stuff :)

Yep...I am still missing Steve. I didn't sleep well last night. Partly because I am coming down with *something*..probably sinus mess, partly because my son joined me in the wee hours of the morning and kept waking me up, and lastly because it felt weird without Steve. He called this evening and said they had dealt with rain the whole time they were playing golf today. I hated that for him because I did want him to have a great time. I'm looking forward to him being home tomorrow, though.

The kids decided to build a tent today. I helped them because they just couldn't get theirs to stay up. It was fun and I enjoyed watching them play in it. They actually played in it for most of the morning and early afternoon. They were also really good about cleaning up everything and putting it back where it belonged.

I, for one, took a majority of the day to scrapbook. I am caught up now in our album (except for the journaling) and have started on Mikayla's album. I was wanting to have theirs finished by the time their birthday party rolled around, but I don't think that is going to happen this year. I honestly think I've done well to get it as far as I have with everything going on!! ha!

Here are a couple of pictures of my scrapping area. It is my dining room but it doesn't look like it anymore! It has now become scrapbooking central as well as a drop everything there till I can figure out what to do with it kind of a room. ha!! I used to have a little scrapbooking place in the office but that is gone now since it is now partially a play room/office. I will admit that I do not keep everything neat and in order when I scrapbook. My mind is whirring constantly and trying to figure out how to get those pictures on the page and I don't always put back paper where it is supposed to go because I never know when I might need it again. My time is so limited to do this now that I just get over the mess. ha! (This would have driven me mad a couple of years ago...) The kids also have their little desks under the window and that is where they "scrapbook" sometimes with me. Wesley walked in there this afternoon and told me what a mess it was. I had to laugh....yep...it is, but right now that is not high on my list of important things to clean up. I want to get more caught up before I have to pack all of it away again. Anyway, thought you'd get a chuckle out of my life right now. :)

Well, no fire tonight...of course, it would have taken me a long time to get the thing going anyway! ha!! The wind is too high tonight and it will cause the smoke to roll back into the house...I don't call that a relaxing evening. I do plan on having me a cup of hot chocolate, though, and cozying up under the blanket while watching something on TV. I do miss the fire, though. I'll get one tomorrow night when Steve gets home!! :)

Off to get the kiddos in bed and me some hot chocolate. Enjoy your evening everyone and just realize that if you have a place in your house that looks like my dining room....do not panic...it IS ok!! hee hee... :)

No comments: