Sunday, September 29, 2013

09/29/13


I love raindrops/water droplets....  love them more than I can describe.

Some people don't appreciate them and I understand that.

Every time I see them they catch my eye and I am so sad if my camera is not with me... as it has not been as of late.

Tears are another water droplet.

Those can be ones of joy or ones of sorrow.

Most of us have shed plenty of both.

In our humanness, we would much rather they be tears of joy, not sorrow.

I was talking with a friend yesterday and we began to share what the Lord has been doing in our lives.  We began to talk about obedience to the Lord and the blessings He has for us in return.  Suddenly, something I have been chewing on for a couple of months now came in full view in front of me as we were speaking.

I have been reading a book on Job.  Job had everything someone could want... a huge family, riches and material possessions beyond our comprehension, but the Lord allowed it to be taken away to refine him.  God saw the END even though Job was overcome with grief at the BEGINNING.  

God's blessings were actually tears.

God's blessings were actually heartache.

God's blessings were to help Job see how small he really was and how big God really is.

God also went THROUGH this WITH Job.  Job didn't learn patience until it was past him.  While he was sitting on his ashes he was questioning God and not understanding, just as we would.  However, God in His omniscience allowed Job to go through those times because He knew Job would be doubly blessed in the end.

Do we see that in our own lives?

I still struggle with this at times.

I know God sees the END while I am sitting in the dark, but He only desires me to have faith that will stand.  Faith that will trust that He has a perfect plan.

What if my blessings from the Lord were that He would allow me to go through something difficult?

It may never be that my blessings will ever manifest themselves into something of prosperity or riches, but in the simple fact that I am closer to the Lord and have more faith than I did before I sat in my ashes.

He lifts me up from those ashes once He carries me through the fire.

He is there, holding me.

He will never let go.

This song has been running through my head consistently the last few weeks.  I am reminded of it daily as my heart may hurt for a friend or loved one... or something the Lord is allowing for me alone.  May the Lord use it to be a blessing to you as it has been to me:


1 comment:

KD said...

Thank you so much for sharing this song. I stumbled upon your blog on a very scary day for me and I truly feel God's hand brought me here for comfort. God Bless You.