Thursday, July 18, 2013

07/18//13


These trees were my FAVORITE in St. Lucia.  They are called "Flamboyant" trees and I can so understand why.  

I could have photographed them forever.


Their color popped out of everywhere on the island.

I was able to get some up close pics of it on Pigeon Island, our last day in St. Lucia.  The wind was blowing so hard I was afraid I wouldn't get a great pic, but I did manage a couple.



So... sad to say, but my summer is flying by...

What have I been doing?

I haven't been on here much, that is for sure.  A complete difference from years past when I never wanted to miss a day.

I have been:

.... enjoying being with my sweet ones.  I never mind being home with them.

...... had some fun lunch dates with friends.  It is nice to get out and chat without worrying that you have been sitting in the same booth for 3... or 4 hours.  :)

....working on the St. Lucia pics as you can see.  Got them done and have ordered many prints from them.

..... taking an online class for school.  We are beginning the use of Mimio's in our classrooms this fall.  It turns your regular white board into an interactive board.  I have been in school almost a month and will start another class with it in the fall.  It is neat to see what can be created for the kids.

..... finishing up my Powerpoints of the countries.  I also re-did the states because they needed some pepping.  :)  With re-doing the 50 states, I also did the 53 African countries.  (With the help of my wonderful brother..).  In the last two years I have done 249 Powerpoints just on countries/states.  I am glad I could put the check in THAT box.

.... cleaning this house.  DEEP.  
I could not believe how bad this house had gotten.............. but, wait... yes, I could.  It had been neglected far too long.  We pulled out furniture and moved things around.  I'll be showing some of that on here soon.  The kids even did their rooms themselves.  I was quite proud of them.  The office is the only room that didn't get touched... and it will..... eventually..... maybe next summer....

..... reading books!  I have read around 8 books already this summer!  I made a choice to read more and it has been great.  Having the Kindle has also been wonderful because I can find different books so quickly from the comfort of my couch or bed.  haha.

.... doing my Bible study.  This may be last but it certainly does not mean to be... just where it landed.  I will be talking more on this in the coming days, too.


I truly have had many thoughts swirling around in my head to write.  I honestly have not had the brain time to get it all sorted so that it would make sense.  I have missed it and hope to be getting back into more writing soon. 

What have YOU been doing this summer?


No comments: