Sunday, November 02, 2014

Time to Clean


Cleaning.



Yeah, this past weekend I got excited about it.

Since school has begun I have not had the time or energy to really clean like this house needed it.  My family has pitched in and helped me several times, but I never got around to a more thorough cleaning.

Until this past weekend.

I was excited to...
...clean up areas that had been long neglected.
...vacuum and mop.
...clean out the spider webs.
...have a day to do just that.

Then, as I was mopping, the Lord spoke to me in His still, small voice and reminded me that spiritual cleaning is even more important than physical cleaning of my house.

I need to make sure I have taken the time to clean up my spiritual house.

Are there cobwebs of pride and selfishness in the corner of my heart that need removing?

The dust of discontentment can surely cloud my view of what the Lord is trying to do in my life.

Piles of busyness in my closet cause me to stumble and fall.

And, shock, mold of hidden sin can be ignored then grow and cause a spiritual decay or sickness. 


How can we spiritually clean?

Just as I had to take the time to clean my house, I must DAILY take the time to clean out my spiritual life.  I cannot expect it to get cleaned if I allow busyness, which leads to tiredness, take away the "better part" of spiritually cleaning.  I must get in God's Word and allow HIM to clean.

I looked up "clean" on Biblegateway.com.  I was amazed at how many times God uses "clean" or "cleanse" in His Word.  This is just a small sampling showing how important the Lord desires for our lives, His Temple, to be clean.

Psalm 24:4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

Psalm 51:2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

Psalm 51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Psalm 73:1 Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart.

Psalm 119:9 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

Ezekiel 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

Mark 1:41 And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.

John 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

What about you?

How is your spiritual house?

Has it been a while since you allowed the Lord to clean it?

No comments: