Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Weight Loss Journey - It's Been a Year

It has basically been a year since my weight loss journey began.

Oh, what a journey of days it has been.

Days of success.

Days of failure.

Days I did not think I could do it.

Days I thought I could conquer the world.

Days I had huge amounts of self-control.

Days I gave in.

Days I stood on the scale and saw I had lost weight.

Days I stood on the scale and found I had gained pounds.  HARD-FOUGHT-to-get-rid-of-pounds.

Through all of those days, I learned much.  

I have learned perseverance.

I have learned self-control.

I have learned it is HARD.

I have learned how much better I feel.

I have learned that toned muscle is quite awesome.

I have learned I have to do it whether I want to or not.

I have learned there is no such thing as a quick fix... this has taken me a year and I am still not at my goal weight.  Anything worth doing right takes time.

I have learned that I can only do it with the Lord's strength.

Those days have also taught me to be appreciative.

I am appreciative to the Lord for His strength.  I do not want to take it for granted.

I am appreciative for my Sweet Man who has encouraged me day in and day out.  He has bragged on me and kept me going when pounds were gained instead of lost.

I am appreciative of my children who have cheered me on while watching yet another workout DVD.

I am appreciative of friends who have given me encouragement.

I am appreciative of a healthier lifestyle.

I am appreciative of SO. MANY. THINGS.

I have learned that this is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE and not a diet.  

I cannot go back to the way things were.  I have to care enough about this Temple that God has given me and take care of it.  I realize that the Lord could allow anything to happen to me to take my health away, and that is His choice.  However, He has also told me I am bought with a price... His life for mine.  May I glorify Him in all I do... and that includes my health.

With all of that being said....
Here is a picture of me last year and this year together - side by side - 35 pounds ago wearing basically the same outfit and in the same spot.  (Same skirt... it is kind of cool... it is reversible.)


I do not want to go back to that unhealthy version of the woman on the left... and I will be the first to admit that sometimes the fear of that can be overwhelming.

It is during those overwhelmed feelings that I reach out to my Lord, Who has given me the strength thus far, and He tells me to take it a day at a time. 

An hour at a time.

A minute at a time.

A second at a time.

Just put one foot in front of the other and DO IT.

Losing weight is hard and hard things are just that... HARD.

But by doing this hard thing the Lord has shown me that nothing is impossible with HIM.

Genesis 18:14a - Is any thing too hard for the Lord?

1 comment:

wendy said...

wow! You are looking fabulous!!!