Thursday, December 22, 2011

12/22/11

Yesterday I enjoyed my Christmas tree.  The lights were so pretty and were my main source of light for the cloudy day.  It was just nice to sit and enjoy the tree... when most of the time we seem to hurry by it.

I thought I would show an ornament that my class made on craft day this year.  I fell in love with it and will probably do this one each year.  

It is a "time capsule" ornament.  The ornament is one of those that is in halves so you can add things into it.  I took pictures of all of my students and we placed that on one side.  The other side was a piece of cardstock where the kids wrote out what Christmas meant to them.  In between we placed balled up shiny metallic green paper.

Since I loved it so much, I decided to do it for Wesley and Mikayla, too.  Now that they are older, and have so much more work to do in school, there is not a lot of time for "cute crafts" like they did in their younger years.  With this being their last year of elementary I wanted to remember it.  I photographed them and had them write about what Christmas means to them.  It is my "time capsule" of them right now. 
I have many photo ornaments of the kiddos over the years.  They are some of my favorites that I enjoy going back in time with each year.  This will just add to that collection of memories.

3 comments:

Ashley Shelley - The Christian Wife Life said...

Ahh I love this! Gonna have to share this with my mother in law. Such a great idea.

Much love,
Ashley

Tam said...

I stumbled onto this we trying to plan a preschool/ TK aged kids for my son and his soon to be classmates from school.... Maybe a day of crafts and fun for them all- while the moms and dads shop or decorate of take a time out... and the kids decorate gingerbread houses, cupcakes, help us make foods to eat and make crafts to take hime and decorate with and to make gifts for their parets to recall this age and time with each child! This is a remarkable idea and could be used in so many ways. To commemorate what they want to be when they grow up and what they are doing now, at ths time.... and I am thinking I will have a photographer come and take pics of them and maybe while we watch a movie and have a meal - one of y helpers will go get each picture printed to make a canvas or large family picto hang at home as a gift for mom and dad nd we use the gift wrap paper we make all together that day to wrap with! What a great idea and time! THanks for this!

Ms. Nowlin's 4th Grade said...

Where can you get these ornaments at? I love this idea!